Overall, your meeting is a success…attendance is growing, costs are steady, revenues are up and stakeholders are happy. Yet even when things are going well, sometimes you get the feeling that maybe doing the same thing year after year is getting a little boring. While sometimes it is good to go with what works, you also don’t want to run the risk of being too predictable, or worse, letting your attendees think they’ve been there done that, therefore opting out of next year’s event.
Or maybe you are already less than satisfied because attendance wasn’t as strong this year as it has been in the past, or there were other downward indicators. If any of this sounds familiar, then maybe it’s worth thinking about a little ‘meeting makeover.’
Nothing too drastic, just infusing your meetings with a little destination flavor, and the best way to do so, with no cost to the meeting planner is the convention & visitors bureau. The CVB is the best, first option when planning a meeting, especially one that is ready for a little makeover.
5 Ways You Can Give Your Meeting a ‘Refresh’ With the Help of the CVB
- Try a new destination. A different destination can bring a breath of fresh air to an event and get your attendees excited about experiencing something new. Not sure of what destination would be a good fit? Head over to empowermint.com to research top meeting destinations, find out what’s new and relevant in over 150 cities.
- Experience a unique venue. Perhaps you have a signature event and you’ve been holding the event at the same place year after year. Why not find a unique venue in the destination that compliments perfectly what you want to accomplish? Your CVB sales professional can help you find something out of the ordinary that will give your signature event the pizazz it deserves. CVB sales professionals are destination experts and are clued into what’s the latest and greatest, as well as those venues that might be off the beaten path.
- Consider a new meeting space. Perhaps you can’t hold your event in a different destination, but you can look into a new meeting space and/or hotel. The CVB is on top of all the latest developments in their destination, from new hotel openings to renovations. They may also be able to help you tap into unconventional meeting space options. They can help find the perfect location in your budget.
- Bring destination flavor into your meeting. A refresh doesn’t always mean a new location. Attendees are always looking for a unique and authentic meeting experience. They want to get a feel for what is home grown in the destination they are visiting. Why not bring the destination to your attendees? CVB sales professionals are out in their destination every day and they can put you in touch with just the right resources and people to help infuse your meeting with the destinations’ flavor.
- Consider local speakers. Tapping prominent local speakers is a great way to enrich the attendees overall meeting experience and bring a fresh perspective. By tapping into local experts or motivational speakers that align with your organization’s overall mission, attendees gain professional insight as well as what makes the destination unique.