In today’s troubled economy, it is critical for meeting planners and their customers to get the most out of their dollars and maximize their ROI. The Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau (PCVB) has been paying close attention to our clients concerns and we have developed a variety of tools to help you promote your meeting, grow your attendance and stand out in the minds of your attendees.
Philadelphia offers a great value proposition and superior return on investment for meeting planners. Our customizable communications tools, coupled with our convenient and unbeatable location along the Northeast Corridor continually help planners break attendance records. Plus, we offer a variety of unique off-site venues and tools created specifically for your attendees that will turn your special events into lasting memories.
Customizable Communication Tools and Central Location
- Our award-winning services team is here to assist you every step of the way with a selection of tools to help promote your meeting and grow attendance. We have all of the traditional services you’d expect from a CVB, but we also have great resources for our clients to tap, including:
- With your input, we can identify potential attendees in our surrounding area and then send out a communication on your behalf.
- A marketing toolbox that includes customizable HTML email templates, hundreds of photos, Philadelphia copy and more. These resources can be used to further promote your Philadelphia meeting – in your direct mailers and program, on websites or in email communications.
- A custom welcome program that includes banners around the convention center and microsites created specifically for each meeting.
- Access to the power of local networks and great speakers, from the Greater Philadelphia Life Sciences Congress, Philadelphia Multicultural Affairs Congress and Philadelphia Sports Congress. For example, our Life Sciences Congress has a strong network of local hospitals, universities and pharmaceutical companies that can be used to help build attendance and spread the word about an upcoming life sciences convention.
- Plus, our location makes it easy for you, and your attendees, to get here – and to save big on transportation costs. Philadelphia, conveniently positioned between New York City and Washington, DC, is within a day’s drive of 40 percent of the population, so getting here by rail or air is affordable and easy.
- Once they arrive, your attendees will find that exploring the city (one of the most walkable in the nation) and accessing the Pennsylvania Convention Center is as easy as putting on a comfortable pair of shoes – which means less costs for shuttles. Attendees are just steps from world-class dining, museums (like the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts and its new open-air piazza, Lenfest Plaza), tax-free shopping and lush parks.
Direct to Your Attendees a Most Memorable Meeting
- We’ve also developed some great tools for your attendees, to make your meeting standout, including:
- A discounts and deals program called “Show Us Your Badge” that can be used for any group that comes to Philadelphia. Your attendees can receive discounts to attractions, shops, restaurants and more, just by showing their delegate badge at participating stores or using our SMS campaign to find local businesses – and receive special deals – all through text messages on their phone. We can even create a custom keyword specific to your meeting to be promoted to your attendees.
- Our new mobile website, www.ExplorePHL.mobi , provides city information (including a link to our deals program) at your attendees’ fingertips with geo-location technology that can detect where your attendees are in the city and show them the closest museums, entertainment venues, tours and more.
- Our distinctive pedigree means you can choose from dozens of unique, affordable and convenient venues that will give your meeting, dinner or special event that extra zip. From a gala set amidst some of the world’s greatest masterpieces at the Philadelphia Museum of Art to a reception with a view of zebras at America’s first zoo or a meeting in the centuries-old Carpenters’ Hall (home of America’s first convention), Philadelphia’s outstanding venues will make your event one for the record books.
The Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau is focused on helping you to reach your goals in our City. Our location and resources can help you get a better return on your investment and our services and off-site venues can help your meeting be a knock-out experience with your attendees.
We strive to provide the utmost service to our clients – so for your next meeting in Philadelphia, let us help you make it the best it can be. To learn more, call us at 1-855-MEET-PHL or visit www.philadelphiausa.travel.