Hint: Don’t spend time in the internet search maze — Go to empowerMINT.com to simplify your search!
When asked what is your biggest challenge in selecting a meeting destination, planners consistently reply that FINDING the right destinations, properties or venues to meet their needs is at the top of the list! This tedious gathering of information suited to your requirements–such as the number of sleeping rooms, exhibit hall capacities, distance between facilities and services they can expect from the convention and visitors bureau (CVB) — is a fragmented and time consuming process.
Problem solved with two industry solutions: 1) Use the local knowledge and complimentary services of the CVB, your destination expert, and 2) Find your CVB contacts at empowerMINT.com. By visiting empowerMINT.com, planners can find answers to destination specific questions, allowing them to narrow their search to the most appropriate meeting location without traveling around the Internet, researching various directories or making a number of phone calls. Here are some examples of typical questions you might have about a specific destination, and the quickest, most efficient way to get all the answers.
Q: How can I find and reach my CVB contact in Atlanta quickly?
Q: Which Southeast destinations can accommodate a minimum of 500,000 gross square feet in exhibit space?
Q: How far is the airport from downtown San Diego?
Q: How many hotel rooms are there within 1 mile of the convention center in Milwaukee?
Q: Are there a Hilton and a Marriott in downtown Albuquerque, and where they are in relationship to each other?
Q: Does the Seattle CVB represent the Convention Center, or do I need to go direct?
Q: Does the CVB send my RFP to all the hotels in their destination?
Q: How do I know what site inspection services different CVBs offer and if there is a fee?
Answer: Visit empowerMINT.com to find all of this information – and so much more in just five easy steps!
- Go to empowerMINT.com, start with “Begin Your Search” and enter any parameters such as regions, exhibit space requirements, or ballroom size you need.
- Easily search and compare meeting needs across multiple destinations, and export results to Excel.
- View destination profiles and get key destination information in one consistent format, including destination fast facts, a map of hotels, convention facilities specifically designed for meeting planners, special destination promotions, services offered by the CVB and contact listings for CVB contacts.
- Get specific questions answers from the destination experts by using Quick Connect, a fast way to submit your questions to one or multiple destinations.
- Receive hotel responses by submitting a FastTrack RFP to the CVBs who will help you find the right fit for your meeting.
What, exactly, is empowerMINT.com?
Think of empowerMINT.com as your virtual national sales office for convention and visitors bureaus. Created by Destination Marketing Association International (DMAI) and the CVB industry, empowerMINT.com is a single web portal for meeting planners to find answers to the most commonly asked questions about destinations, search and compare multiple destinations, and connect directly with destination experts to ask a question via phone or email, or submit a quick request. And, when you’re ready, fast track your RFP distribution by submitting it to your destinations of choice through empowerMINT.com. Log in once to research and contact over 140 top meeting destinations!
Another bonus: empowerMINT.com is a completely free service.
How is empowerMINT.com different from other industry directories?
As the official DMAI directory of CVBs for planners, empowerMINT.com is destination-focused, allowing you to get information that will help you narrow down the locations that will work for your meeting or event; get local expertise before you send your RFP, saving you time and the frustration of contacting hotels and venues which may not be a good fit for your specific meeting wants and needs.
Also, if you are the primary meeting contact, empowerMINT.com allows you to review confidential Post Event Reports (PERs) from our MINT historical database from the last 24 months, information that is not accessible from any other source. In addition, at empowerMINT.com, you can sign up to participate in the Planner Series webinars which qualify for CMP credits, as well as our Insights e-newsletter.
How does empowerMINT.com save planners time and money?
Let us count (some of) the ways. . .
- Easily search and compare meeting needs across multiple destinations.
- Submit a FastTrack RFP to multiple destinations.
- Contact CVB sales professionals at “Connect with a CVB” using Quick Connect.
- Manage a single profile, storing meeting and contact information.
- Access a meeting’s dashboard for real time updates on the response status of your requests.
- Take advantage of destination promotions.
At empowerMINT.com, we recognize the changing demand in the meetings market requires new tools to meet the needs of planners and the way you do business. Join us to discover a powerful online tool that simplifies the research, distribution, and selection of destinations, hotels, meeting space and meeting facilities – all while saving you precious time and money!