Welcome! This is Shimo and I’m Terri Roberts, we’re from Destination Marketing Association International (DMAI). For those of you who may not be familiar, DMAI is the trade association for destination marketing organizations, often referred to in the meetings industry as convention & visitors bureaus or CVBs.
We’d like to remind you to do two things: 1) subscribe to our podcast in the iTunes podcast store so that you’ll receive notifications of our future episodes and 2) head on over to our blog, where you’ll not only find this recording but our show notes with links to all the resources we will mention.
The genesis of this podcast comes from several years of industry experience and perspectives from all the terrific relationships we’ve made along the way. We’ve known each other since those early days with Marriott Hotels & Resorts and, we not only have hotel experience but, we have also worked for the CVB and CC in San Diego. We both have had the great pleasure of experiencing the whole industry madness first hand.
Accomplishing what we set out to do is important for everyone, especially for planners who have so many people to be accountable to: internal stakeholders, attendees, and all the partners who come together to help them execute a successful meeting or event.
To kick off our first podcast of the new year, we thought we would focus on getting more things done, sharing our goal setting strategies that have helped us stay ahead of the curve and of course, the madness. We will be focusing in on:
- How to determine what’s important
- Daily management of tasks/to-dos
- Motivation and tips/tactics
While neither of us are experts, we both have pretty solid reputations as people who make things happen. So, let’s break this down.
Resources & Links:
- 7 Habits Summary from Quick MBA Management, Steven Covey
- Book: “TheONEThing” by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- Website: CahayaMind.com, Sunil Bhaskaran, Executive Coach
- Tool: Smartsheet, The work collaboration tool for businesses of all size
- Software: Evernote, The workspace for your life’s work. https://evernote.com
- Website: empowerMINT.com, Connect with CVB experts
If you have a chance, please leave us an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! We appreciate it! Enjoy the show!