There’s nothing wrong with a little makeover and that’s exactly what we’ve done here at empowerMINT.com’s blog. We are proud to reintroduce you to the numerous resources designed just for you, our meeting and event planners. Our blog’s new look makes it easier to find and navigate the information that will be of greatest value to you.
Our blog is designed to encourage and strengthen the conversation between meeting planners and our CVBs, and enable you to connect directly to CVB sales professionals. Since CVBs are the best first point of contact to help planners find the right hotel, venue, or location for any size meeting, we think our blog will provide you with valuable information you need to begin your search, as well as tips to help you stay on top of your game! What you’ll find here are mainly three types of information all for FREE.
- Planner education is the cornerstone of our blog. We bring together the expertise of meeting and event planners, hoteliers, and other industry experts, including CVB professionals, to share their knowledge about planning tips, site/venue selection, attendance promotion, social responsibility and CVB services. Some of our most popular articles include:
- Are You in Need of More Leverage In Your Meeting Negotiations?
- 5 Tips for Evaluating Hotel Proposals
- Beginning Your Site Selection: 15 Key Questions to Ask CVBs
- When Meeting Planning Isn’t Your Job Title: 10 Tips for Success
In addition to the articles, we also host monthly 30 minute webinars for CMP credit from the Convention Industry Council. Each webinar is recorded and available for replay. You’ll find information about upcoming events, including future webinars, in the Events Calendar section at the top of the screen.
- Planner Perspectives and CVB Voice sections brings fresh insights about a destination or experiences of working with a CVB from professionals who are in the know. If you haven’t ever worked with a CVB before, you’ll have the opportunity to hear from planners like Eve Schmitt, Senior Manager Global Meeting Sourcing and Vendor Relations for VMware Inc. and Jason Weinstein, Director of National Events for AARP.
- And finally, our over 135 Featured Destinations is an area planners will not want to miss because this is where one would find destination videos, articles, planner tips from destination experts, maps, CVB services and gain immediate access to the CVB team who are ready to help you demystify their destinations and service your meeting.
So I invite you to come and explore and definitely let us know how we’re doing. We’d love to hear from you. And if you would like to become a guest blogger we would love to have you join us in our passion to make a difference through sharing your perspectives, insights, tips, and advice. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.